1. Chapel of San Sebastian:

The chapel of San Sebastian is at the end of the Arrabal neighborhood. Originally the chapel was dedicated to St. Anthony. Around 1770 it was rebuilt. Since then, it has the image of San Sebastian, before located in the old chapel of the Portela (Burgueira).







2. The Arrabal:

District located under the Monastery, where there is the Square of Centinela, ideal vantage point on the port and the Monastery and one of the most attractive centers of the council.

In the square of Centinela there is an interesting cruise (the Sentinel cruise), which dates from 1764 and can be distinguished, apart from its antiquity, for its exquisite carving.

Also, at the beginning of the street, the original Town Hall is identified by a plate.


3. The Monastery:


The symbol of Oia, it was founded on 1137, under the guidance of Alfonso VII of Castile. It was governed by 140 abbots, from the year 1137-1835.

The choir and the sacristy are dated in the seventeenth century and the cloister was completed in the last third of 1500

The facade was rebuilt in 1740.

With the confiscation of Mendizabal Act in 1835 the history of the monastery ended as such, after almost 700 years the church became a parish church in 1838, after the separation of Oia of the matrix parish of Pedornes.

In 1912 it was occupied by the Jesuits expelled from Portugal, which remained until 1932 when the Republic nationalized this property.

Currently, and after passing through several owners, it is in private hands.



4. House of guilt:

Located in the parish of Pedornes. Legend says that in this house the neighbors "locked" to those guilty of petty theft, robbery...

The parish church was on the steps some chains: if the culprits fled and managed to pass these chains, they were forgiven and if not they went to the home of Guilt.





5. Estrada Vella:

It is the road that connects the monastery to Punta Orelluda and allows a pleasant stroll between crops and the possibility to enjoy small coves on the coast.









6. Port of Mougás:


In the parish of Mougás highlights its port that lets you see a beautiful area of rocks and a beautiful marina area, it is also an important point for surfers.









7. Point of Centinela:


It is 3 km. Cape Silleiro before: it is known for its beauty and its name comes from the work of supervision of the coast.










8. Lighthouse of Cabo Silleiro:

From the road you can see the beauty of this beautiful lighthouse in operation since 1924, replacing the former 1862, which still retains the structure of the old building.